Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Folding Socks is For Losers

I HATE folding clothes.  Especially socks. 

But I think I have been doing it wrong all along.  By the end of the month (or months), I usually end up with a basket full of socks. 

   

I would then sort them by type of sock. You know ~ red stripe on the toe, blue stripe on the toe, short, long, no-shows, etc.   And every time I would swear that I am going to start buying only the same types of socks so I NEVER have to do this again.

Well today I had a new idea.  I don't know why I haven't thought of this before. You probably already do this. But if you don't and you sort socks for lots of people, this is definitely the way to do it. 

 First, I sorted the socks by person. So I ended up with 6 piles of socks.



  Then, I had the kids match up only their socks. It took like two minutes.  You can see the little guy on the end was not at all happy about this, but hey - LIFE SKILLS. 

   

 Next, I folded them. I could have let them do this but I know from experience that they would not be matched up correctly.

.  

 Finally I put each kids in a basket and had them bring them up to their room and put away.

   

 All of this in about 10 minutes versus the usual half hour or so of dreadful sorting, folding and delivering.

 I like this new way.  Now I have to head upstairs to see if they actually made it in the drawers.  But this is a work in progress right?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment